Thursday, June 16, 2005

Stifling Free Speech?

Ok, so this isn't the most fun or entertaining topic, but it's important none the less. My brother just emailed me this interesting article about how the commentary and content of blogs could potentially cost someone their job.

When bloggers share information relating to their employers (including trade secrets, product launches, and general office gossip) it has this funny way of getting back to their employers and (gasp!) clients.

Here's the deal- I love blogging. It gives me an opportunity to share things that I think might be of interest to my friends and others. I also believe in the freedom of speech and I think that blogs are a great way to exercise that right; but it's no surprise that the government and private companies are stepping in to put boundaries on it.

I guess the bottom line is to be smart about it. I mean, did the guy working for Google not think that the company would find out about his blog (which including information about potential Google products and future plans...) Google owns Blogger for Christ's Sake!!! Gahhh!

Alright...i'm getting off this rant. Read the article and let me know what you think. Back to the fun stuff, kids~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home