Thursday, June 16, 2005

Dual Sex Crab Found in Chesapeake


About a year ago, my friends had me convinced that the Snakehead Fish was going to walk right out of the Potomac River and attack me in my sleep. I guess i'm gullible like that. But the wonders of marine life in the D.C. area continue to get more and more creepy. Even more so than in my native NJ, where the Oyster Creek Power Plant adds some "color" to the wildlife.

The newest oddity around here is "Springer" the crab, who has both male and female reproductive organs. Named appropriately for the Jerry Springer show; she/he will live out the rest of its days among scientists at The Virginia Institute of Marine Science. If it were my choice I would have named it Jaime Lee Curtis and put it in a fish tank at Club Chaos....but that's just me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chetan Mallik said...

Self-sufficent they name is crab...

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home