Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Character Building

When I was little, everything that I did "built character." Wait...let me rephrase that- everything that I didn't want to do built character. Whether it was eating peas at diner; delivering newspapers in a snowstorm; or picking up after my dog. I've had a lifetime (or at least 22 years) of character building.

I often wonder where all this character has gone. Maybe it's lodged somewhere in my brain; carefully crafted- one pea, newspaper, and dog-poop at a time. I think it's character that gets me in and out of interesting situtations.

Take my most recent trip to Richmond for example: I managed (with the help of Aimee and Katie) to get a fridge stuck in the small confines of a cellar door. Exhausted from a day of hammering nails, bug bites, and veterinary pursuits- I was not mentally or physically prepared for this debacle. It was a true character building exercise that ended with us using a car jack to get the fridge unstuck and past the top step of the stairs (genius!!!)

Thank god for character.

1 Comments:

Blogger lauren williams said...

girl, you gots mad character. the peas paid off.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home