Friday, August 12, 2005

Pernice Brothers @ Jammin' Java


It was only three days ago that I happened to hear the Pernice Brothers via Seattle's KEXP radio station; but thanks to my good fortune and the watchful eyes of my friend Maria, I was able to attend a live performance last night at Vienna's Jammin' Java.

I only really knew one song (My So-Called Celibate Life) prior to seeing them, but this song has had complete control over me the past couple of days. I can't go ten minutes at work without listening to it. It comes off of their 4th and latest album entitled "Discover a Lovelier You," and judging from what I heard last night, there are plenty of other songs on the album that deserve equal attention. Bottom line- listen to this band...now!

As a venue, Jammin' Java was great! It was adequately spacious with good acoustics, and although i'm a smoker, I enjoyed the fact that it was smoke free. It was also nice to travel a little outside the city limits for something a bit different, so if you're looking for a new spot to enjoy some good music and coffee, Jammin' Java is the place.

-Photo of performance courtesy of Maria Vastola-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home