Friday, September 09, 2005

Preppy Identity Crisis


"Preppy is a lifestyle, not a clothing style," Bitsy sighed as she observed the West Coast girls trying to pull off Reds. Her friend Buffy nodded before they resumed their tennis game."

Since beginning my full time employment, i've been faced with the task of establishing a "work wardrobe." This has been an ongoing nightmare for me- I hate the entire shopping experience. My college wardrobe (if that's what you could even call it) consisted of left over t-shirts from highschool, torn jeans, and various rugby gear. Most or all of which I got second hand or by default if someone left it on my floor. What can I say, I like comfortable (and sometimes free) clothes and i'm finding that most professional work attire is about as comfortable as a burlap sack.

But then there are preppy clothes, which just squeeze by "professional attire" guidelines. Soft polo shirts and khakis with matching belts....I have to admit that i've fallen victim. As I sit here and fight the urge to pop my collar, I fear that my clothes are warping my mind. I may even stop by the bar to grab a mojito after work because after all, mojitos are the new cosmos! And shame on me for wearing white pants after labor day...tisk, tisk.

Somebody please save me from myself...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

you are a nut!!!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home