Friday, October 14, 2005

The Many Faces of the Family Feud


In1durland's comment in response to the Plinko post really got me thinking about game shows that I watched as a kid. Thanks to the Game Show Network, reruns of these shows are now available 24/7.

Has anyone ever seen reruns of the original Family Feud? I'm not talking about when Ray Combs (pictured above) was the host. Nah, I'm talkin' about that skeezy Richard Dawson...you know, the one who would welcome women contestants by kissing them smack on the lips! I guess it was just a different time...

Ray Combs was my favorite host. He didn't sexually harass the contestants; his voice didn't make me want to eat poison (ahem...Louie Anderson); and he wasn't well known from another sitcom (Richard Karn). Sigh...it's a real shame that he died in 1996, and they brought that awful Richard Dawson back, although I don't think he was allowed to kiss the girls anymore.

Oh, and as I was trying to find a clip of the woman falling down the Plinko stairs (which I subsequently did not come across), I came across this site with plenty of The Price is Right bloopers.

2 Comments:

Blogger ekGreer said...

That skeevy Richard Dawson "Met his current wife Gretchen when she was a contestant on "Family Feud" in 1981." Just seems weird to me. And what did he do with the unattractive women? shake their hand. For more info, see IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0206241/bio

Ray Combs was also my fave. He was from Ohio, I didnt know that. So sad that he committed suicide. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0173667/

9:26 AM  
Blogger Amiller said...

Even better was Richard Dawson on the Match Game. I believe this is when he really shined.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home