Friday, March 03, 2006

Condiment Connoisseur


I have this problem where I actually use food as a vehicle for condiments. As I dove into my Cheessteak this afternoon (which the deli calls a steak and cheese...blasphemy!) I realized that I was enjoying the ketchup a little more than the actual sandwich.

People are funny about their condiments. For example, i've come across many who will only use Heinz ketchup for their burgers. I'm not really brand loyal to any particular condiment (I like Hunt's ketchup just as much), but condiments in general are a must have for my meals. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could size a person up by the condiments they put on their hotdogs? For me it's a mixture of ketchup, mustard, and sweet relish...like I said, I have a problem.

I also go through condiment phases. When I was younger, it was ketchup. In college I went through ranch dressing like nobodies business. Now, I have a serious addiction to horseradish - I put it on everything. My favorite is a mixture of horeseradish and ketchup which yields a sort of poor man's cocktail sauce. My dad used to spread it on fresh crab meat and ritz crackers...yum! It is now the reason that Arby's is my favorite fast food joint - who else liberally dispenses horseradish with their meals?

If you're looking for an awesome way to spice up your sandwiches, I seriously recommend any of the condiments in Woeblers Sandwich Pal line. They are excellent, although sometimes hard to find.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Thank you! I love mustard and really think it should be it's own food group. I put mustard on salad back in my skinny days b/c the dressing in the dorm was too high in calories. I also like ketchup, I add this to most vegtables I force myself to eat.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home