Monday, March 20, 2006

Health Secrets of the Stones


During this years SuperBowl halftime show, I found myself waiting for the Rolling Stones (a.ka. Strolling Bones) to spontaneously combust (see mockumentary Spinal Tap). I mean, how in the hell are they still rocking their asses off in their late 50's and 60's??

I was surprised to come across a WebMD article that examines the health and fitness of The Stones and how they can still put on one hell of a show despite their age.

Fact: The distance Mick Jagger struts and sprints in a typical stadium show = 12 miles!!

Basically it comes down to the fact that even if you've partied your ass off, you can still make up for it later in life if you haven't already caused yourself irreversible damage. That, and the best physical trainers money can buy doesn't hurt.

Now I don't feel so bad about the past couple of binge weekends i've been on.

I can't get nooo...satisfaction.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

So over the weekend I ran an 8K in VA beach. It was a great race with lots of people. The day after my race there was a half marathon and a full marathon. At the starting line I started chatting to this man who was about 80. He was kidding around with me and I asked him if he had run this race before. He told me he run every year and that this 8K was just his warm up for the marathon the next day! HOLY! IT just made me want to do better. I wish I had a chance to see him after the race to talk some more, but the time I did talk with him was so inspirational! I guess it is true, use it or lose it.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home