Friday, March 03, 2006

Remembering Ed Emberly's Books


I recently came across a reference to Ed Emberly in an article that I was reading. Emberly is a children's author and wrote books such as "Make a World" in which he illustrated simple ways to draw various objects. I was mesmorized by this book when I was a little kid because it opened up the world of drawing to me. Granted, the book showed very basic ways to draw simple objects, but as an unartistic kid - I felt like I could draw anything.

I used to spend hours flipping through the book and making pictures with my colored pencils. I haven't thought about this book in ages, and thought that maybe some of you remember it too. I almost want to go out this weekend and see if I can find it. I think it would improve my Pictionary and Cranium skills greatly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I wore this book out too. It was like a book for kids who wished they could draw hehe. Interesting on the Florida radio comments...you should give satellite a shot.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home