Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The 5 Most Embarrassing Songs On My iPod

Let's be honest, everyone has a couple albums in their music collection that they'd just as soon hide under the bed or deny ownership of. I certainly have my fair share, as i'm sure a lot of people do.

I thought it would be fun to compile a list of the songs (on my iPod) that i'm most embarrassed to have and the cheesy reasons that I have them.

In no particular order:
1) Natalie Imbruglia- "Troubled by the way we came together"- One summer I decided that it was a good idea to paint Maria's kitchen. I needed some music to get me through this project and a tape of the soundtrack from the movie "Go" was the only thing I had. This song was on that tape, and i've secretly loved it ever since.

2) Jim Croce- "Time in a Bottle"- There are plenty of songs that are far worse than this one. I was watching a documentary on Jim Croce (which may be the awful part of this) and they had this really cool montage of his life with this song in the background and I was a little touched by it...i'll be honest.

3) Freedy Johnston- "Bad Reputation"- After not hearing this song for at least 10 years, I woke up one morning and it was in my head. I kept humming it all day long, and finally put it on my iPod hoping to get it out of my system. I also learned how to play the song on the guitar (becauase the chords are easy...I swear!)

4) Don Henley- "The Heart of the Matter"- I'm not even going to try to play this one off. I'm a huge Don Henley fan...what can I say?

5) Montgomery Gentry- "Something to be Proud of"- I like listening to country music when i'm going on long drives 'cause the songs tell a story and I think that's fun. This one is a bit sentimental in that good 'ole boy country way. Nonetheless, it's a pretty embarrassing song to be rockin' out to driving down 95.

Ok, so I spilled it. What are your most embarrassing songs?

2 Comments:

Blogger lauren williams said...

dude! i totally love 'bad reputation' by freedy johnston. it came out during my freshman year in college(or was that sophomore? hazy) and i have loved it ever since. it's one of those songs that makes you wish you were heartbroken, or feeds the flames if you are! perfect.

i have plenty of embarrassing songs that i heart, but no ipod...i'll throw you a bone, though. i've always had a special place in my heart for 'i keep forgetting' by michael mcdonald. see heartbreak/no heartbreak explantion above. and don't hate on michael mcdonald, people. he's my boy.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I think my entire ipod has embarrassing songs on it. George Michael "Freedome", BizMarKee "Let me clear my throat", Postiive K " I've got a man",I have a bunch of Phantom of the Oprah songs on there. Brittney Spears Pepsi Comercial Song...ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba the joy of pepsi.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home