Tuesday, October 18, 2005

According to Maddy, I'm an Official Adult

Back in college I remember sitting in TDR (the campus dining hall) with friends, trying to figure out at what point someone enters into true adulthood. According to Maddy, this occurs when a person receives their first set of official business cards.

For those that morphed into adulthood before me, you remember what it felt like. Looking at that shiny card with your name and title on it for the first time and realizing that 1) they actually spelled your name right (or perhaps they didn't) and 2) You have a title which people may refer to you as and it doesn't include the words idiot or jackass.

At least this is the emotional process that i'm going through at this very moment as I stare down at my name in small print. Not exactly the big print that I had envisioned in my dreams (insert cheesy music and daydreamy look here).

Sigh...now in true adult fashion i'm going downtown to engage in battle with the DC DMV where I will turn in my coveted New Jersey license...the last true administrative link that ties me to the Garden State. Sad times....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home