Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Billboard Top 10 from 10 Years Ago


The following songs were topping the Billboard charts this week in 1996:

1) Celine Dion: "Because You Loved Me" - I wasn't so much of fan of this, or any Celine hits for that matter.

2) The Tony Rich Project: "Nobody Knows" - My little teeny bopper ears loved this song; the video was hot too.

3) Brandy: "Sittin' Up in My Room" - Not bad, but not as good as "The Boy is Mine" with Monica.

4) R. Kelly: "Down Low (Nobody has to Know)"- I didn't really know what the song meant when I heard it...then I saw the video and it became clear.

5) Mary J. Blige: "Not Gon' Cry"

6) Alanis Morissette : "Ironic" - Ugh

7) Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men: "One Sweet Day" - Loved...LOVED this song. My sisters were huge Mariah fans, so I listened to it a lot growing up; she may have been married to that crazy music exec, but at least she wasn't out of her mind...yet.

8) Everything But the Girl: "Missing" - Loved this song when it came out...still do, go figure.

9) Gin Blossoms: "Till I hear it From You" - Good tune

10) D'Angelo: "Lady" - ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home