Tuesday, March 28, 2006

How Geeky Are You?

According to Newsweek's latest online survey, i'm "headed to geekdom." That's right, I scored a 40 out of 60 on the geek scale. I guess there are worse things in life...

I've been acutely aware of my increasing geekiness the last couple of months. I'm obsessed with being informed, having my finger on the pulse, embracing technology...whatever you want to call it. In marketing terms, i'm trying to go from "laggard" to "early adopter."

Not only do I listen to NPR everyday, but I subscribe to their podcasts for programs that I miss while i'm at work. I'm in the process of teaching myself how to use Dreamweaver and learn html code, I work on crossword puzzles like it's my job, I read two major newspapers every morning and subscribe to numerous blogs...the list goes on and on.

I wouldn't have been caught dead doing most of these things a couple of months ago, but I find myself surrounded by bright, young, intelligent and tech savvy people everyday - and i'm determined to keep up and establish myself among them - and if that means that I have to channel my inner geek; so be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home