Wednesday, August 30, 2006

18 Years Later, I Still Remember

L2 Green. If you forget everything you learn on the first day of kindergarten, for the love of god - don't forget to get on the L2 Green bus.
I didn't forget. It's 18 years later and I can still remember the bus I was supposed to board to get home from my first day of school. I was reminded of this fact after reading a WaPo article about a little boy who got on the wrong bus home when he was supposed to go to after care. Why do I remember this little nugget of childhood info? Because I was mortified that I would get lost on the way home and end up at some strangers house - a stranger who wouldn't have Teddy Grahams or a nice little snack waiting for me...
Or maybe it was the fact that if I had boarded the wrong bus, my parents would never let me hear the end of it. They wouldn't have blamed it on the school system, or the bus driver, or the after care program...they would have blamed it on me and who wants to be a complete failure on their first day of school?
Either way, that's a tough lesson to learn 'lil buddy. Better luck this afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Oh the f-league sounds cool....You have to plan for the steak dinner next summer.....We plan to keep making it a SAYC reunion.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home