Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This Magazine Smells Like...

I've been dogsitting for two friends who are out of town this week and enjoying the little things that come with staying alone at someones else's house - you know... raiding the fridge, watching DVD's I don't own, accidentally setting the security system off. Good Times.

While I was picking up the mail, I noticed the new Rolling Stone magazine in the pile. Score! Although i'm a big fan of Rolling Stone, I never bothered to get my own subscription (hint: Christmas gift idea), so I was psyched to have it all to myself. I grabbed a Corona and a jar of pickles (this is why I don't live alone) and began flipping through the articles.

About halfway through the magazine, I saw an ad for the second season of Showtime's series "Weeds." The ad made me stop for two reasons 1) My friends left me the box set of season one to watch while they're away and 2) The advertisement smelled like weed.

At first, I thought that maybe it was my mind playing tricks on my senses - that I was imagining the smell, but off the the right side of the ad is a little scent strip like they have for fragrances. I think this is pure genius. The ad for "Weeds" is weed scented...the snozberies taste like snozberies!

According to MediaBuyerPlanner.com:
"The Showtime campaign also includes ice cream trucks that will visit concerts and other events. The trucks are dubbed Weeds Munchie Mobiles and they'll be giving out Weeds merchandise in six cities. Street vendors will also hand out coffee in Weeds cups."

I wonder which lucky six cities the Munchie Mobiles will be visiting. I have a sneaking suspicion that D.C. won't make the list, but if you happen to see the Mystery Machine -Munchie Mobile, please let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Washington Cube said...

I do have a subscription to Rolling Stone. The newest issue came this week. They had posted a photograph of Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson (in her wedding bikini,) and I could not stop staring at it. They didn't even look human: both holding bottles of booze, both with orange skin, both with inhuman, vapid stares. I kept thinking, "What on earth..."

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home