Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rock Creek Parkway = Bermuda Triangle



The Bermuda Triangle - a paranormal site in which the known laws of physics are violated and altered.

Rock Creek Parkway - A winding mass of two lane roads in which all electronic systems in my Jeep fail and inexplicable torential downpours (with the top down) ensue.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rock Creek Parkway, it shaves a comfortable 20 min. off of my morning commute from Silver Spring into Rosslyn. Lately though, some strange things have been happening while passing through...allow me to explain:

Monday morning approx. 7:20am - Shortly after entering Rock Creek Park, both my speedometer and tachometer mysteriously stop working. Upon exiting the Park and heading into VA, all systems return to normal.

Monday evening approx. 6:15pm - Leave work without windows zipped up. Torrential downpour begins at the approx. time that I enter the Park. Jeep becomes a dripping mass of stenchy wetness. Flood lights inexplicably turn on and off without switch being pushed. After exiting the Park, all systems return to normal.

Tuesday & Wednesday - Decide to save money and take metro to work.

Wednesday evening approx. 8:30pm - While on my way to meet up with friends in Chevy Chase, the radio suddenly looses all power and cuts out when approaching the Park. Radio power and signal return after leaving the area.

(Insert freaky "Unsolved Mysteries" music here)

If I should happen to dissapear in the next couple of days, you know where to start looking for me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you!! It's not just me being paranoid.

Rock Creek Park is fucking FREAKY! All I have to say is.........Shandra Levy. I'm a believer. Are you?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry..spelled her name wrong: Chandra Levy. Either way, the tragedy is to be believed.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Amiller said...

While I also love Rock Creek Park--a beautiful oasis in the middle of DC--I have always had this strange internal feeling when I enter that place. I feel like many unsolved mysteries of DC reside within that park!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home