Thursday, March 30, 2006

Washington's Guitar Shop

The Washington Post just published a piece on Washington's Guitar Shop, located above Fuddrucker's on Connecticut Avenue. I have a special appreciation for this shop since it is where I purchased my first (and only) acoustic guitar.

The shop is just as the article describes it; cluttered with guitars and a little dusty, but that's all part of its charm. I had no idea that famous guitar players (e.g. Jimi Hendrix) and various bands stopped by this "Washington institution" on their way through town.

I found that the staff was really enthusiastic, even as I described my complete and total lack of guitar experience and they outfitted me with an excellent beginner guitar which I still play on today - I've been meaning to head back and upgrade.

If you're a guitar enthusiast in the DC area, you should stop in and check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home