Monday, October 24, 2005

Death Cab @ 9:30 Club

For the past couple of months i've been listing various concerts in the "Concerts to Attend" section of my sidebar, but I haven't made it to a single one. It's dissapointing because i've missed some great shows including The Decemberists and The Fruit Bats which is altogether sad. Last night, I finally got over to the 9:30 Club for the Death Cab show, and I wasn't dissapointed.

DCist just posted a review of said performance, which I think is right on for the most part. It's my second time seeing DCFC, and while they pretty much just played their songs and kept the theatrics to a minimum, it's awesome to hear them live and see Ben Gibbard strumming away. For those of you who are interested, NPR will be airing their second night at 9:30 Club (scheduled tonight) on live streaming audio as part of their "All Songs Considered" segment.

Last night, as Ben Gibbard was thanking the crowd for coming out, he mentioned that "The 930 Club is truly one of the greatest concert venues in the country." This isn't the first time that i've heard a band/singer say this about the club, and I really think that they mean it. Lives shows there are amazing, intimate, and f-ing rockin' so if you haven't had a chance to catch a live show, I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home