Friday, December 02, 2005

The Dangers of "Reply All"

From Wikipedia: "Reply all is a term used in email. It refers to sending a reply message not only to an email's original author, but also to any other recipients that were listed the original To or Cc lists. This is often a dangerous proposition, especially when the list of recipients is long, as comments may be passed onto unintended recipients."

Right, i'm sure you all know what "Reply All" is, but i'd like to stress that hitting this button can lead to embarrassing, comical or downright stressful situations. This morning I was the recipient of a "Reply All" that was only intended for me and accidentally got sent to the entire company. Thankfully it fell into the "comical/embarrassing" category. Embarrassing because it was an email praising me for a job well done (for a task that wasn't a big deal) and comical because my coworkers decided to mock me for it (all in good humor). At least i've gotten a few laughs out of it this morning!

It's a great thing when you can sit back and laugh at yourself. It's not even noon yet and i've had a couple laughs at my own expense. I just caught a glimpse of my hair in the reflection of the window and I have a massive cow-lick. You know, the kind that your mother would lick her hand and try to smash back down with the rest of your hair. It looks something like this:

That's right...all I need is a missing tooth and some suspenders and you wouldn't know the different between Alfalfa and myself. I've gotta go do something about this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home