Friday, December 02, 2005

"Hey, at least it's not West Virginia"


"New Jersey, long trying to overcome its reputation for mobsters, air-choking traffic and toxic waste dumps, asked the public for a new image-boosting slogan and found some of its people share the same sardonic outlook as its detractors."

...I had to follow up my previous NJ post with this. The Daily Show aired a segment on NJ's slogan search recently and I find the whole thing incredibly amusing.

I remember in 4th grade they made us memorize all this useless information about NJ. When DC mayoral candidate Adrian Fenty asked me what DC Ward I lived in so he could send me information about his campaign, I just stared at him...but, I can still recite all the counties in NJ (in alphabetical order)! I guess that's what Catholic School will do to you...

I'm still trying to think of a zinger to send in to Gov. Codey...but for now, i'll have to agree with "Hey, at least it's not West Virginia!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home