Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Alaska or Bust


(My neices Trick or Treating this past Halloween...yeah, that's snow on the ground)

Call me crazy - everyone else does! But seriously, i'm travelling to Fairbanks, Alaska to visit with my sister and her kids for Christmas. You think it's cold in DC now? Nah, let me tell you...this is nothing. When I stepped out of the Fairbanks airport last year (this Christmas will be my 3rd trip) it was -35 degrees outside. My tearducts froze; my nose froze; and my lungs seized momentarily from the cold.

Despite all that, Alaska is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places i've ever visited. Winter wonderland doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm also looking forward to a much needed vacation, and the thought of being thousands of miles away for a little bit is what's keeping me going right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home