Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Google Earth is Effing Amazing

Google Earth isn't exactly anything new. A couple months ago I had trouble downloading the software it requires and I sort of gave up after that one failed attempt. In my boredom yesterday, I decided to try it again, and what resulted was the warping of my fragile mind...this thing is awesome!

It combines satellite imagery and maps to give a complete geographic depiction of a specific location (excuse me while I go put some more tape on my glasses)....

You may be saying to yourself "ok, it's a map...I get it," but allow me to explain why I think this is one of the greatest things i've discovered recently-

I grew up in a suburban neighborhood with beautifully manicured lawns, tree lined streets, and plenty of open space to run around (*sigh*). However, my family is huge (i'm the youngest of 8) so we had to cut some corners in order to keep food on the table. One of the corners that we cut was in the lawn care department. Basically, one of us was in charge of mowing the lawn once in awhile, and that was it. No watering the grass - nothing. Needless to say, our lawn was a decaying patch of brown straw.

So once I had zoomed into my street using Google Earth, I was trying to count the houses in order to locate mine. All the sudden, I see this big brown patch in the midst of a green sea - and it was my house! The images are so accurate, that you can tell how god awful our lawn is from satellites in space!

Download it...now....GO!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet jesus.

so if you go outside of your office, and wave, can I see you out there waving on google earth??

what if I made you wear a hot pink jumpsuit??

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home