Monday, January 09, 2006

Braves on the Warpath! Fight for 'ole DC!


Unless you live under a rock in the DC Metro area; you know that the Redskins pulled out a win over Tampa Bay this past weekend. The Redskins are the only professional football team that i've ever seen up close in action - and I really enjoyed it.

I'm a little torn because i've only started watching football over the last two seasons - gasp! I grew up watching hockey (the NJ Devils of course) and football never really appealed to me. I defaulted to rooting for the Eagles last season just because i'm a Phillies fan, and I figured that i'd stick with Philadelphia teams, but now that i've lived in DC for 5 years...i'm thinking maybe it's time to establish some loyalty to this city. I guess that's a little hypocritical...but, so be it. I mean, I honestly did get a little sentimental when they played "Hail to the Redskins" at the bar on Saturday night...or maybe I was a little too tipsy..well, either way...GO SKINS.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw a rooster and a hen in the Wawa parking lot this morning.

12:40 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

A bunch of us went to Glory Days in Fairfax for the Cowboys demolition. We sang Hail To The Redskins after every touchdown. After the 3rd I thought my voice was going to go because, if you sing all 3 verses it doesn't pass quickly and we were belting it out at the top of our lungs along with some of the surrounding tables.

Even if my voice had gone, it would've been worth it for the Redskins.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home